Artificial Insemination Charges 2017
** Please note our Terms and Conditions **
£8 per day at grass (+ VAT)
£18.25 per day stabled (+ VAT)
£24.50 per day stabled (+ VAT) when requiring an individual paddock and/or the horsewalker.
+ £2.20 per day in either case for mares with foal at foot (+ VAT)
Long term boarders & over winter rates available on application
Fresh Semen Collection Fee:
£85 per AI collection (+ VAT). Invoiced on behalf of Stallion AI Services Ltd for mares being inseminated with fresh semen only.
Frozen Semen Handling Fee
£22 per AI (+VAT). Invoiced on behalf of Stallion AI Services Ltd for frozen semen stored with them.
£310 (+ VAT) (Mares must be booked in well in advance)
In Foal Fee:
AI Mares : £145 (+ VAT)
ET Recipient Mares: £185 (+ VAT)
Veterinary Package Fees
- AI/ET Fresh & Chilled Semen: £210 (+ VAT) per AI cycle
- AI/ET Frozen Semen: £305 (+ VAT) per AI cycle
- Synchronisation of Recipient mares for ET: £125 (+ VAT) per recipient mare per AI cycle (minimum two recipients per donor). Recipients may be maiden or barren mares
- Embryo Transfer flush & search: £220 (+ VAT) per flush
- Non-surgical transfer to recipient mare: £145 (+ VAT) per transfer
- ET Recipient Loan Mare Hire: £1500 (+ VAT) for 18 months (or until foal is weaned)
- ICSI / OPU: Price on application
- Fetal Sexing Scan: £56 (+ VAT)
Mares will be accepted at an ‘all in package’ to cover routine veterinary reproduction work at Twemlows Stud Farm. Routine includes scans, call out, drugs and one PD scan at 15 days, a second scan at 28/30 days and a third scan at about 42 days; it does not include swabs, twinning, caslicks, lavage etc and the treatment of mares with endometritis and other non routine matters, which if relevant are invoiced separately.
All in foal mares need to have a 28/30 day and 42 day PD scan to confirm a single viable and healthy pregnancy; if mares leave the stud before the heart beat scan it is the owner’s responsibility to arrange for this to be carried out.
Charges for a range of miscellaneous items, which will not apply to all mares, such as microchipping, farriery work and worming, are available on request.
All fees must be paid before the mares leave the stud.